The audiobook version of Dragons’ Truth was read entirely by the author, Teel McClanahan III, and features a brief musical theme, also composed by the author specifically for the recording. The audiobook has been released under . Dragons’ Truth is available for free at Podiobooks.com, and for purchase on CD right here.
Dragons’ Truth ran twice a week on the Modern Evil Podcast, and began on January 1st, 2010 and finishing February 19th, 2010. The following is a list of links to all 15 episodes, followed by details about the CD editions. WARNING: The chapter descriptions below may contain SPOILERS.
- Chapter 1: In which 12-year-old Larry first meets the dragon Ghadshyk.
- Chapter 2: In which Larry, alone, is invited to enter Ghadshyk’s home, and quickly agrees that he’ll do his homework and accept tutoring in exchange for hearing the dragon’s stories.
- Chapter 3: The Story of the Ugly Dragon, In which Ghadshyk meets an unusual pink dragon who is revealed to be the human wizard Merle in dragon form.
- Chapter 4: In which Larry gets a taste of the magical security system protecting Ghadshyk’s home, learning that only dragons may enter safely on their own.
- Chapter 5: In which Ghadshyk explains the often-overlooked relationship between studying Algebra in middle school and leading a long, happy, and fulfilling life.
- Chapter 6: The Second Meeting, in which Ghadshyk and Merle meet after a year and discuss what Merle has done and learned in the time he’s had.
- Chapter 7: In which Larry receives notes from his teachers about a meeting scheduled between them, his parents, and his dragon tutor – and discusses the implications of the note with Ghadshyk.
- Chapter 8: Ghadshyk Comes of Age, in which Ghadshyk first reveals his scandalous relationship with a human wizard to the dragon community.
- Chapter 9: In which Larry’s teachers reveal their intentions for his future education, and his parents reveal their continued disinterest, none of them realizing there’s a dragon in the room.
- Chapter 10: In which Larry and Ghadshyk discuss how Ghadshyk’s influence on a few local teachers has become a national phenomenon that is threatening to bring the economy to its knees as people everywhere become passionate about going back to school.
- Chapter 11: In which Merle arrives, reveals that an army of dragons is on its way to destroy America, then agrees to teach Larry everything there is to know about dragons in the hope that humanity will have some small chance against them.
- Chapter 12: In which Larry learns nearly everything humanity has ever put down in words.
- Chapter 13: In which dragons invade America, and no man-made weapon is able even to slow down their fiery path of efficient destruction.
- Chapter 14: In which Larry confronts the dragon Bryyt, whose arrogance and hatred has poisoned dragon teachings for millennia while holding humanity back from enlightenment.
- Chapter 15: In which Larry shows Merle how sharing enlightenment and universal truth with humanity can only make things better, changing even violent criminals’ lives in an instant.
There are two options for those wishing to purchase Dragons’ Truth on CD, detailed in the video below. You can get a single-disc MP3 CD containing the entire audio book for $12.99 (ISBN: 978-1-934516-75-1) or you can choose a four-disc audio CD release for $24.99 (ISBN: 978-1-934516-76-8).
Buy directly from the author: