Untrue Tales From Beyond Fiction – Recollections of an Alternate Past, Book Three: Escape From Exile -or-Confusion and Contraction -or- How To Get Out Of Hell ran every Friday on the Modern Evil Podcast from September 4th, 2009 through November 6th, 2009. The following is a list of links to all 10 episodes. WARNING: The episode descriptions below may contain SPOILERS. It is also available at Podiobooks.com.
The First Untrue Trilogy is available now as an eBook, and in paperback, and consists of Book One, Book Two, and Book Three of the Untrue Tales From Beyond Fiction – Recollections of an Alternate Past series.
- Episode 1 – In which Trevor meets Satan, is distracted by his nefarious fireplace, and negotiates for the release of his party from Hell.
- Episode 2 – In which Satan has a bit of a breakdown in front of Trevor, Jurrin battles a demonic horde of misshapen beasts, and what appears to be all four party members together flee the dark church, escaping into Hell.
- Episode 3 – In which Nirgal discusses the size and shape of Hell with his traveling companions, then sings with a whirlwind/demon to negotiate the party’s delivery from Hell directly to the Wolyd Centre.
- Episode 4 – In which Nirgal eats breakfast, sings some more, and is drawn into an unbelievably detailed sexual encounter with a ghost-like nurse.
- Episode 5 – In which Nirgal’s first sexual encounter is transformed into an impossibly fast and visible reproductive act within an imagined biology at the whim of an ancient goddess, then finally finds out that his recent experiences may not have been at all what they’d seemed.
- Episode 6 – In which Nirgal is nearly convinced to destroy the Gollum, then is reunited with his original party only to watch Trevor agree to duel the devil for a chance to free his friends.
- Episode 7 – In which Trevor plays an intense, violent, and chaotic dodgeball game against Satan and the damned, then comes to terms with an outcome that is both somewhat less and far more than he’d expected it to be.
- Episode 8 – In which Trevor, Nirgal, and the Gollum share memories, come up with a plan that will allow the living to escape Hell, and take the ‘scenic route’ out of it.
- Episode 9 – In which Trevor and Nirgal find themselves at the End of The World Ball where Trevor addresses the crowd, sings them a song, dances with a beautiful young woman he’d never met before, and -ignoring a violent interruption- kisses her.
- Episode 10 – In which the tall stranger explains Trevor’s true place in the world, Trevor’s daughters make a shocking reappearance, then without much warning an unexpected authority extracts Trevor (and other anomalies) from the room.